- Greater heat resistance than a conventional double jacket fire hose.
- Lightweight and flexible, easy to handle for less working stress.
- Hose will not burst catastrophically even with a ½” diameter hole through both the jacket and liner.
- Low drag coefficient making it easy to pull during attack operations.
- Underwriters Laboratories listing and Factory Mutual approval available on 1½” and 2½” diameters. n Red Chief/Yellow Chief meet or exceed NFPA 1961 standard.
- Exceptional heat resistance as exhibited in the BS 6391 Hot Cube Test.
Angus’ exclusive heavy rib outer cover combines, with a unique Nitrile rubber PVC through-the-weave construction to provide the backbone of performance for Red Chief and Yellow Chief. The heavy rib construction makes the hose highly resistant to cuts, punctures and abrasion. Impact and kink resistant, lightweight and more maneuverable, make Red Chief and Yellow Chief ideally suited to meet the specifications of most municipal fire departments.