Angus Fire’s history goes back over 200 years from the time when fire hose was made from riveted strips of leather.
In 1977 Angus Fire expanded into the United States and built a purpose made hose manufacturing plant in Angier, North Carolina. The plant has grown over the years and has also expanded into foam manufacturing.
- 2015 – Angus Fire opens offices in Kuala Lumpur.
- 2013 – Angus Fire opens offices in Dubai.
- 2013 – Angus Fire separates from UTC as a result of a management buyout and forms the Angus International Safety Group.
- 2005 – Kidde plc acquired by United Technologies Corp. and combined with Chubb to form UTC Fire & Security with headquarters in Connecticut, USA.
- 2000 – Williams plc de-merged into Kidde plc and Chubb plc. Angus Fire becomes part of Kidde plc.
- 1994 – Williams Holdings acquire Angus Fire Armour Limited from BBA.
- 1988 – BBA acquired Guthrie.
- 1980 – Guthrie acquires Angus from Dunlop.
- 1977 – Hose factory opened in North Carolina, USA.
- 1962 – Angus Fire Armour Limited formed.
- 1904 – Company purchased the hose and belting part of the Bentham Spinning & Weaving Co. and started to manufacture hose at Bentham.
- 1888 – Company registered as a Public Company under the name of George Angus & Company Limited.